【Master JinBodhi’s Gourmet Series】
Let me present to you the "Himalayan Cold Noodles" which is especially suitable for consumption in the cold seasons of autumn and winter!
As we enter the season of winter, the temperature begins to drop and the air turns colder. Today, I would like to introduce a dish of my creation which I feel is especially suitable for consumption in this weather - the "Himalayan Cold Noodles"!
Though it is called "cold noodles", the ingredients used are heaty in nature, such as chill, onion, Szechuan peppercorn and cardamom. These ingredients serve to get rid of excess moisture from the body and help to keep our bodies warm. This is why this dish is especially suitable for consumption in the autumn and winter seasons. In fact most of you will experience warmth in your bodies after eating this dish!
I have listed the ingredients used and the instructions for preparation below. Friends who are interested can try to prepare this dish at home.
Ingredients: spring onion, cucumber, eggplant, tomatoes, onion, dried tofu, potatoes, noodles and cashew nuts.
Seasoning: cardamom, cilantro, cumin, Szechuan peppercorn, dried chili, green chili, chili oil, white sesame, diced spring onion, soya sauce, vinegar, salt and tomato sauce.
1. Chop the dried chili into small pieces and fry to make chili oil. Set it aside.
2. Stir-fry the cumin until it turns golden brown, ground it using a food processor and set it aside.
3. Soak the cardamom in warm water first and soak it in soya sauce, vinegar and chilli oil. Set it aside.
4. Slice the spring onion, cilantro and green chili thinly. Fry the sliced onion until it becomes scallion oil.
5. Stir fry the white sesame and Szechuan peppercorn separately until fragrant.
6. Flatten the cucumber using the blade of the knife before cutting them into cubes. Also cut the potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes and dried tofu into cubes after washing.
7. Dice the onion and parsley.
8. Use the blade of the knife to flatten the green chili and cut them into cubes.
Method of preparation:
1. Heat the pan. Add the onion and green chili into the pan and stir fry. Add salt to taste.
2. Add the following into the pan in this order, as you continue to stir fry the content: dried tofu, Szechuan peppercorn, eggplant, potatoes, tomatoes and cucumber.
3. Pour adequate amount of soya sauce into the pan, add in cumin and stir fry. Add salt to taste.
4. Continue to stir fry the content while adding in chili oil and tomato sauce. The quantity added depends on personal preferences.
5. Cook the noodles in boiling water, taking them out once they are cooked and putting them immediately into a container of cold water. Once they are cooled in this way, take them out of the water and set them aside.
6. Mix the shallot oil, white sesame, Szechuan peppercorn, cashew nuts, cilantro, onion, cardamom-infused soya sauce and cumin sauce with the noodles.
7. Lastly, add the other ingredients that you have stir fried previously into the noodles and the dish is now good to serve.
#HimalayanColdNoodles, #Cuisine, #DIY, #MasterJinBodiGourmetSeries